The death of stuntman sm raju on the sets of Pa Ranjith’s vettuvam has shocked the industry. The 52-Year-ald Stuntman died while driving an suv in a high-autane stunt scene for the film in nagapattinam on July 13. It has sparked debate Around the safety of stuntmen on set. Amid the controversy, actor akshay kumar has stepped forward to provide insurance to about 650 stuntmen and stuntwomen in the country.

On July 17, Reports of the Actor Providing Health and Accident Coverage for Stuntmen Surfaced Online. The News was confirmed after a veteran stunt professional thanked the soyavanshi star for his generosis. Stuntman vikram singh dahiya, who has worked in films like gunjan saxena, antim, omg 2, and jigra, told hindustan times, “Thanks to akshay sir, Around 650 to 700 to 700 stuntmen and actions Crew. Bollywood is covered under insurance Cashless treatment up to Rs 5.5 Lakh, which injury Occus on or off. “

Netizens Express Disappointment In Film Industry

While his name is appreciated, many are questioning the ethics of hindi film industry.

Story Continues Below this ad

A User Shared the Akshay Kumar News on Reddit, Prompting Many Responses. A User wrote, “While a great gesture from akshay, where the heck is an illustrian industry as bollywood not already prviving their insurance!”

Other Comment Read, “Wonderful Gesture.

Also Read | Baahubali Stunt Coordinator Lee Whittaker Opens Up on Death of Stuntman on Pa Ranjith’s Film Set: ‘If there’s not enjoyed funds with production …’

HollyWood Stuntman Criticises Lack of Safety

Earler, speaking to screen, American action choreography lee witker expressed His disappointment in the lack of safety on film sets. He stated, “No one should die doing a stunt. Safety precauses have to meet high standard for the safety of the performer and the cryw. Funds with production, the stunt should never Happy. “

Story Continues Below this ad

Whittaker has also worked in search Indian projects like Vishwaroopam, Linga, Kaadu, Baahubali and Thugs of Hindostan, Among others.

Soon after sm raj’s death Crash sequences, his unexpected death.

Pa ranjith says he followed safety protocols

He claimed to have followed Every Protocol on set to maintain safety. He shared, “We relieved on the experise of our stunt direct director dilip subbarayan and followed Every Protocol, every detail that was needed to make this safe. Up to have unparalleled experience and acutements, colleagues and directors proud with this question. Always. “

Case filed against pa raanjith and team

In another development, the filmmaker has been booksed for sm raj’s death. Along with Pa Ranjith, Nelam Productions Executive Rajkamal, Stunt Artiste Vinoth, and the owner of the car prabhakar has also been bookded for the instant. They are booksed under three sections of the bharatiya naya sanhita (BNS), section 106 (1), section 289, and section 125.

Story Continues Below this ad

Just last year, Around the same time, another stuntman named eluumalai died on the sets of karthi and director PS Mithran’s Sardar 2. The increment to Place on July 16, 2024. From a rostrum of 20 feet high while shooting an action sequence for the film. However, it was unnoticed with not much changing over the year.