Elon Musk-Yowned Social Media Platform x has refuted the government’s claim over the blocking of Reuters’ Accounts, Saying It Received Blocking Orders For More Than 2,000 Accounts in India, Including Those Linked To The News Agency on July 3.

This directly contradicts is a statement issued by the official spokesperson of the it ministry on sunday, which is no request from the government of introduction to the governing to WITHOLD REUTER Handle. With x to resolve the problem. “

On Saturday Night, x Blocked the handles of Reuters and Reuters Worldwith a message displayed on their accounts stating they have been without any “in responsibility to a legal demand”.

Story Continues Below this ad

In a post via its global government affairs handle on tuesday, x said that on July 3, The Indian Government Ordered X to Block 2,355 Accounts in India, Innational News Outlets Liki Reuters Under section 69A of the information technology act.

“Non-Compliance Risked Criminal Liability. The ministry of electronics and information technology demanded immunity action-with one hour-without providing justification, and recounted the accounters TOMTED UNEMINT. Further Notice, “x Said. “After public outcry, the government Requested x to unblock @reuters and @reutersworld.”

It added: “We are deeply concerned about on the press censorship in India due to these blocking orders. Ability to Bring Legal Challenges Against these Executive Orders to Pursue Legal Remedies Through. “

The ministry of electronics and information technology (meity) did not respond to an immediate request for comment.

Officials in the ministry had earler said that the government had sent blocking order to x related to some posts made by the news about dumbro in early in early in early may, but the platform, ATTEK, ATTAKE, HAD. Action on the posts.

Story Continues Below this ad

During Operation Sindoor, The Indian Government Had DIRECTED Social Media Platforms Like x to block Several pieces of content and accounts that it felt was spraying deliberate misinformation and posing information. Subvert and undermine the armed forces’ onngoing operations at the time. While it had blocked a range of accounts it believed to pakistan and china, it had also directed the x accounts of news Platforms Bbc urdu and Outlook IndiaWHICH REVOKED.

In a statement on May 9, x had said that it may be seen from the Indian Governance asking for over 8,000 accounts to be blocked, including Those Belonging to “International News and Prominations.” The Social Media Platform Said that falling foul

The Indian express Had Reported That Following A Flurry of What It Called “Misinformation” on Social Media Platforms Related to Operation Sindoor, A Small Team At The It It It Ministry – What Was Set Up Last Year During the LOLS LOLS. FLAG and TAKE Down Election-Related Misinformation on Social Media Platforms-Sected Reinforcement of Personnel and was asked to step up monitoring and flag misleading content to be conflict to the conflict. The Monitoring Happened Round-The-Clock, With People working Across Shifts.