It’s been 365 days but for the people of the samej, the wounds are still fresh and the memories refuse to die.
Last year in the early hours of August 1, 35 people, including 14 children, lost their lives during a series of Cloudbursts That struck samej, A small hamlet located on the border of kullu and shimla districs and nestled on the bank of the seasonal rivlet of the same name – Samej.
Although The Building of Government Senior Secondary School – WHICH LOST ITS EAGTS in the tragedy – has been partially repaired, classes have been shifted to an uphill builting to the newkun. Mandal for the monsoon season.
Of the Eight Students who died, Five Were Star Athletes. They included ritika kedarta (17), Radhika Kedarta (15), Arushi Kedarta (12), and Arun Kedarta (13). Ritika, Radhika, and Arushi was the state-level volleyball players, while the arun and another student, Priyanka, were district-level badminton players.
School’s Physical Training Instructor (PTI) Ravi Motiyan Said that earlier the school playground was in the lower portion of the building which was perfectly destroed. “The school has been producing many athelets but never even has a good playground. We have been pursuing the pwd and revenue department to allot land for a Playgrgh we also Court, the surface is mostly damaged. Students are about 68 are interested in the under-14 and under-19 Co-Curricular Activities Such As NCC.
Principal Kamal Nand Thakur said that this year, they did not want to take any chances and shifted the classrooms to a nearby uphill mahila mandal built of the onset of the monsoon. “We will return to the old building only when it is compleletly safe. We have about 68 students from 12, and 25 students in the primary section. The primary section. 12. ” He said, adding that the upper portion of the school building has been fully repaired, but the lower portion – housing the administctive block and primary section – is yet to be restored.
Muck and mud that flooded the lower part during the disaster is still there. “Repair work is on. Once the building is completed, we plan to install a signboard in the lower portion bearing the names of our names who died in the tragedy.” Kamal Nand Said, Adding, That The School is Resuming Its Routine Activities Gradually.
Story Continues Below this ad
Nineteen of the 35 Victims of the tragedy belonged to one kedarta family.
Santosh Kedarta, 61, who has since relocated to nearby rampur, said he lost his 25-yar-brod son avinash and his 34-yar-brother partap. “One of my relatives, Neeraj Kedarta, Lost His Father, Brother, Wife, And Three Children. Only His Nephew – His Elder Brother’s Son – Surviv Schule Students of the Eighth To Diet Also Belong. Family (first divinersary rituals). He said.
Lata Devi, Pradhan of Sargha Gram Panchayat, Said, “Though the school was repaired and classes was resumed, but for the safety of students, the local administration and punchayat Deccide to Shivt Student. More than 50 per cent in the last year’s calamity.
When asked, a senior government said that the distribution of administration is Aware that the school needs a playground. “Efforts are on to get a piece of land nearby,” he said.