KUALA LUMPUR: The Education Ministry will not compromise with any misconduct involving school staff, including the recent incident of a student hitting a teacher in Kajang, Selangor.
Education Minister Fadhlina Sidek said she had taken note of the incident and was informed that it happened due to a misunderstanding between the students involved.
“Quick action has been taken. Four students involved have been detained by the police to assist in the investigation.
“The Education Ministry will not compromise with this misconduct and will take firm action based on the results of the police investigation,” she said in a Facebook post on Friday (Aug 1).
She also instructed the school and the District Education Office to implement intervention programs to ensure the safety and well-being of the school community.
“I ask the school and the district education office to implement intervention programs to ensure the safety and well-being of students, teachers, and the entire school community,” she said.
Previously, a video went viral on social media showing a male student allegedly punching and threatening his teacher in an incident at a secondary school here on July 28. — Bernama