As of July 14, The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD), as part of its Annual survey survey its 12 zones in the capital, has declared 22 houses as “Danerous” and 320 “in necessary” and 320 “in necessary”. However, Despite being Issued Evacuation Notices, Residents of Several Such “Dangerous” Houses Continue to Stay on, refusing to vacate the premises.

These “Dangerous” structures are located in area like kotla mubarakpur, okhla village, sahyog vihar, seylampur, dariba kalan, rohini, barrii, and jahangirpuri, among orters.

The Indian Express visited a Few Such houses, where many residents have refused to leave.

Story Continues Below this ad

At keshvpuram zone in Shallimar Bagh in Northwest Delhi, Four Lower-Interce Group Flats in a Building Constructed By The Delhi Development Authority In BB Block has been deeclared by the mcd. All four flats are occupied, with one resident claim he has a “stability certificate” issued by a “Structural Engineer”.

Visible Cracks Run Along The Pillars of the Building – which has 18 flats – While Swollen Walls do not allow any door to be shut.

A resident of one of the four flats said that several parts of the building has been constructed illegally. “Two years ago, I had written to variable authorities stating that house developed cracks … The ceiling of Rooms and washroom has fallen multiple times. Demolish the illegal parts. “

The last evacuation notice was recedive by the resident on May 22, asking him to vacate the premises with 24 hours. “But Since then, no one has come to check …

Story Continues Below this ad

A resident who stars in a flat on the first floor – Also in the list of four Dangerous Houses – Said He had taken the flat on Rent in 2009. Said is safe, we will go and meet. “

Over 17 Km Away, A Narrow Road Covered with Silt and Flooded With Rainwater Leads To An Old Red-Coloured Building With Visible Cracks in the Plaster. Located near piayao chowk in Garhi Village in East of Kaillash, Houses, Along with shops in the building, have been declared Dangerous. The ground floor houses three shops – a pharmacy, a mobile store, and a shop selling bags. Residents live on the above Three floors.

The pharmacy owner said he did not know that building had been categorised as Dangerous. Howver, tenants, who have been staying on the second floor for a year and paying a rest of Rs 10,000, said the notice camera two to three months ago. Following this, they were told by the owner that the building had been repaired, they claimed. The owner of the Building Could not be contact for a comment.

At 766, Chabi Ganj in Kashmere Gate, A Two-Storey Building-Housing Six-Seven Flats-Stands with Half-Demolished Walls, Mattresses and Tolet Seats Buried under the Debris.

Story Continues Below this ad

According to the residents, they were issued a notice of evacuation on june 2. Two weeks later, the houses were demolished.

Local Residents Claimed Most of the Occupants Were Given Money OR Land by The Builder to Vacate the Premises. One of the residents, bharat kumar, claimed that building had not been surveyed by the civic authorities.

The MCD study, being conducted for five months now, has surveyed 98.35% or 30,93,678 houses that fall under the civic body’s limits. While nine zones have been just, surveys at Shahdara (North), City-SP, and Karol zones are yet to be completed, Said officials.

An Official from McD Said that is a house is declared to a survey conducted by a local junior engineer (JE), a “vacation not” is served to the oceved to the occupants. “The police have to ensure that building is vacated,” the official said, adding that this should usually Happy with a day or something a week.

Story Continues Below this ad

The Official Further Said That If Residents of a “Dangerous” Building Ask for Time To Get The Premises Repaired, The Je has to take a call on this. “If permission is granted, Repair work has to start with a few hours … following which a structure engineer will survey and submit a report to the mcd for approval.”