3406559

SHAH ALAM: The Selangor Cabinet had decided that Sime Darby Properties be given the task of rebuilding houses destroyed in the gas pipeline explosion at Taman Putra Harmoni.

Selangor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari said this was because the company was the original developer of the residential area and since it was the masterplan developer, appointing Sime Darby Properties would expedite the rebuilding work.

“Apart from that, Syarikat Perumahan Nasional Berhad (SPNB), which is under KPKT (the Housing and Local Government Ministry) will rebuild the houses in Kampung Kuala Sungai Baru,” said Amirudin when tabling a special motion on the findings of the April 1 blast at the Selangor state legislative assembly on Tuesday (July 8).

He added that SPNB was expected to complete the rebuilding at Kampung Kuala Sungai Baru by October 2025, while Sime Darby Properties has been given until June 2027 to complete rebuilding work at Taman Putra Harmoni.

ALSO READ: Some Putra Heights house owners still waiting for aid

Amirudin said so far, based on the ultrasonic pulse echo test, three units in Taman Putra Harmoni would be rebuilt, 46 units would be repaired and 46 units were still undergoing the final process of the crack points and structural test.

“As for Kampung Kuala Sungai Baru, 17 units were involved (in the blast), and from these units, 11 will be rebuilt and six will be repaired,” said Amirudin.

According to Amirudin, the state government has also instructed the Subang Jaya City Council to help the residents with the home repair claims process.

“For Taman Putra Harmoni, RM458,440.50 (in claims) have been received from the residents, while Kampung Kuala Sungai Baru residents have filed claims amounting to RM884,934.00. 34,” said Amirudin.

He added that affected residents have been given up to Oct 27, 2025, to prepare their claims documents.