3421391

JOHOR BARU: A store supervisor who works in Singapore has claimed that he was abducted by a group of men and beaten up at a children’s playground here.

The man, in his 30s, known only as Daniel, said the incident occurred at Taman Gunung Emas, Ulu Tiram, around 10 pm on Tuesday (July 15), shortly after he returned from across the Causeway.

“I had just finished work and decided to stop by my aunt’s house when a group of at least 30 men surrounded me.

“They grabbed me and pushed me into a nearby parked car before taking me to a playground where they hit me with helmets, as well as kicking and punching me,” he said when interviewed.

“Thankfully, there were several policemen at a restaurant nearby, and they came to my rescue a few minutes later, but most of the group had managed to escape,” he added.

The victim said he ended up with a fractured jaw and ribs as well as injuries to his back and head, and is being treated at a hospital here.

The victim’s elder brother, who only wanted to be known as Shan, said they grew up in the same housing area and knew some of those in the group.

He suspects that the group of men was actually waiting outside his aunt’s house for their cousin, her son, but ended up attacking Daniel instead.

Shan added that their cousin had previously gotten into a verbal argument with some of the men in the group.

“We are now living in fear as the group knows where we stay and work,” he said, adding that he accompanied his brother to lodge a police report a few hours after the incident.

Meanwhile, Seri Alam OCPD Asst Comm Mohd Sohaimi Ishak confirmed the report and said the investigation was ongoing under Section 147 of the Penal Code for rioting.

“A 25-year-old man has been arrested so far, and we are still looking for those involved,” he added.