SHAH ALAM: The 25-year-old Pakistani man detained for allegedly sexually assaulting several boys will be charged on Friday (July 18).
Shah Alam OCPD Asst Comm Mohd Iqbal Ibrahim said the Deputy Public Prosecutor has given instructions for the suspect to be charged at the Shah Alam Magistrate’s Court.
ALSO READ: Police seek suspect in string of sexual assaults on teen boys in Shah Alam
“We completed the investigation and referred the investigation paper to the DPP.
“The DPP then instructed for the suspect to be charged with multiple counts of sodomy and one count of outraging modesty,” he said when contacted on Thursday (July 17).
It was reported that the suspect, who allegedly preyed on young boys, was nabbed in Kuala Nerang, Kedah, on July 7 while attempting to flee the country.
He was nabbed with an alleged accomplice, another Pakistani man.
The investigation was conducted under Section 14(a) of the Sexual Offences Against Children Act 2017 and Section 377C of the Penal Code.
At least four boys have been allegedly sodomised by the suspect in Seksyen 27 and 28 in Shah Alam.
ALSO READ: Serial sexual assault suspect nabbed in Kedah trying to flee country, say cops
Previously, ACP Iqbal said that four police reports had been lodged against the man since April.
“The suspect would pretend to ask for help from the boys, and then bring them to a secluded area before sodomising or molesting them.
“His victims are aged nine, 13, 14 and 19,” he said.
According to police, the main suspect’s modus operandi was to ask his victims for help or to book an e-hailing ride for him.
When the victims were distracted, the suspect would hug them from behind.
If they tried to fight him off, he would punch or choke them before sodomising them.